Sleeping, is an essential element to health. During the hours that you are asleep, your body starts to repair itself and regenerate. It is like hitting the reset button. Each of us need a certain amount of sleep every night, usually 7 to 9 hours for adults. Some of the benefits that sleep provides are:
• Better physical health as sleep boosts your immune system, and you will likely to get sick often.
• Helps maintain healthy body weight as sleep helps your body to regulate hormones that control your appetite and metabolism.
• Improves your mood and lowers stress
• Helps you focus – may ease your ability to solve problems and remember important information.
I know it is always tempting to stay up late to binge watch your favourite drama or scroll through endless memes online, but it is more important to take care of yourself first before indulging to these entertainments.
Here are some tips to establish good sleeping habit:
1. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
2. Do not eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light snack.
3. Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
4. Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
5. Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Even on the weekends or during vacations.
Now, go and grab a blanket, burrow yourself under it and get to sleeping!
Sales & Marketing Executive
Force 21 Academy